I had a customer landing on my dropshipping store who smoothly slid inside my funnel & ended up placing an order with a good value.
Just because I didn’t provide a shipment tracking code, he straight up shot 2 emails a day at my inbox asking for the same & only stopped when he finally received his order.
It makes sense though. Won’t you feel helpless in this scenario & maybe a little skeptical about the brand?
Well, that’s what my concern is regarding all the dropshipping stores. So now the question arises…
How can your customers track their orders on your dropshipping store?
You can use third-party shipment tracking services available to do the task for you. All you need to do is install the necessary apps or the plugins & do some basic configuration.
So, whether you are someone owning a Shopify store or have built your store using WordPress + WooCommerce. Whether you dropship the products from international suppliers like Aliexpress or you do that from somewhere else.
In this article, you are going to learn all things you need to know about – how you can add the order tracking functionality to your dropshipping store.
After scanning tens & hundreds of dropshipping stores, this was one thing I noticed which needs to be addressed.
Why Do Most Dropshippers Don’t Provide Order Tracking?
In order to prevent spilling the secret to the customers of where the products are being sourced from, many dropshippers completely try to escape this part. It’s not the best approach! Especially when the delivery period for dropshipping the products is longer than normal.
Though most of the products are going to be sent as ePackets by your merchants and the country of origin is not going to be the same as that of your customer (or what you advertised on your website), there are ways to avoid spilling your secret. How?
Now that you have landed on this blog post, things are about to get simple for you.
The solution provided below is divided into 2 parts.
- Order Tracking for Shopify Stores
- Order Tracking for WooCommerce Stores
So on whichever platform your store is built, I got you covered.
And if you stick with me till the end, I also have a bonus tip for you that will enable you to track the orders completely for FREE and which works regardless of what platform you are using.
Excited? Let’s get started…
Dropshipping Order Tracking for Shopify Stores
When it comes to Shopify stores, who are those guys that come to your rescue and make your life much much better?
The Shopify Apps!
Be it fulfilling the orders, converting the currencies, securing the checkout, or attracting the visitors with that tempting popup, these guys know how to do their duties.
When it comes to tracking the shipment for your dropshipped orders, there are numerous such apps available in the Shopify App Store which will do the job for you.
Also taking into consideration that most of the merchants from whom you will be sourcing the products are going to deliver it in the form of ePacket, we need to be extra careful.
Following are a few handpicked apps that I thought will work best in doing the job for you. I will also be listing down a few additional alternatives just to give you options to choose from.
Tracktor Order Tracking App by ShopPad
The Tracktor Order Tracking App allows the customers to track their orders in real-time. We can describe this app more as a ‘Shipment Lookup’ tool.
It integrates with most of the popular carriers across the globe like USPS, Aliexpress, China EMS, China Post, FedEx, Bluedart, etc. thus is highly usable, especially for the dropshippers.
The best part about this app is that customers can track their orders right on your store without even logging in to their accounts. This enhances the user experience & helps increase the trust of first-time customers.
On top of that, what you can do is – create the links which can be used for shipment tracking purposes and add them in the automated email sequences or customer notifications.
What does Tracktor do for you
- Adds Tracking Page to your Shopify store.
- ‘Carrier Mapping’ feature in Tracktor integrates with dropshipping fulfillment apps like Oberlo or Dropified & tracks ePackets.
- Offers charts & analytics reports for the order lookups shipment tracking.
- Shows you status of the orders & Alerts you for the attention-demanding orders.
- Allows you to edit & customize your tracking page as well as the form display layout.
Configuring Tracktor is pretty self-explanatory once you install the app on your store.
Now comes the very important question from all the Dropshippers –
What if we are dropshipping from countries like China and we don’t want the customers to find it out?
Here things turn interesting.
The shipping details when customers track their order DOES reveal the country of origin. But here’s the catch. You can simply use the Blacklist Routing Feature present in Tracktor.
When the shipment is present in the country you added to the blacklist in the app, it will simply show the replacement message you entered & hide the country name. How awesome it can get?
Price of Tracktor
Earlier it was free for up to 100 order trackings per month. But recently they discontinued the plan. Now they do provide a 14-day free trial but their regular plan starts from $8.99 per month.
But considering the functionality and value that it offers, the pricing is worth investing.
AfterShip Order Tracking & SMS by Automizely & AfterShip
AfterShip is a third-party shipment tracking service provider which helps track packages & couriers from most of the popular carriers. AfterShip also has a Shopify app to help you out. Though it is not an integrated app with Shopify, we can call it a connector app.
AfterShip works slightly differently than Tracktor. It does help you to create a tracking page for your Shopify store, but the page is not hosted on your website. Rather, it does it with AfterShip’s subdomain.
It allows your customers to track their orders by entering their tracking codes. It also helps you to automatically create a tracking page for each shipment
Stepping up one level, the app allows you to customize the tracking page as per your logo & branding. You can even opt for a custom domain instead of their subdomain. This will not only help in enhancing your brand perception but also will be good for SEO.
AfterShip integrates with almost 800+ carriers out there which makes it a good fit for dropshippers to track ePakets.
What can you do with AfterShip
- Automatically import your tracking codes from the dropshipping merchant.
- Enable tracking of shipments on Order Confirmation or Order History pages itself (no need to divert people to another ‘Track Your Order’ page).
- Send email & SMS notifications of the delivery statuses to customers as well as you.
- Send notifications in various languages as per the customer locality besides English.
- Send shipping notifications from your email address with your logo & custom message in the email copies.
Price of AfterShip
The best part is that the AfterShip app for Shopify is FREE for up to 50 shipments per month. If you go over the limit, the premium pricing starts from $9 per month.
Now, you will not be able to send email & SMS notifications in the free plan, but if you are just starting out, the free plan is good to go.
Oberlo – Inbuilt Order Tracking
If you are dropshipping from Aliexpress or similar marketplaces, you must be aware of Oberlo. And if you happen to use it, You can also use Oberlo’s tracking service.
How to make use of it? Let’s see.
Firstly, if you receive the order on your Shopify store, you still need to login to your Oberlo app account and then process the order from there. Simply fulfilling it on Shopify won’t work.
As you’re using Aliexpress or a similar marketplace, you should already be getting Tracking ID from their merchants for your orders.
On the Orders page of your Oberlo account, the tracking code will appear just next to the specific order. Once you click on the tracking code, you will see more details about the shipment.
If you want to see the tracking status of all your orders, click Tracking in your Oberlo account. You will be able to see all the orders that you placed previously.
Here is what the order tracking status can be & its meaning –
- Pending – The order has left the warehouse recently but the tracking code is still inactive.
- Unrecognized – The tracking code is invalid.
- In Transit – The order has left the country of origin but the customs are yet to be cleared.
- Pickup – The package is out for delivery from the local postal facility.
- Expired – The tracking code has expired either due to a longer period of time required to deliver the package, or the package got lost.
- Alert – Either it was refused by the addressee, the delivery address is incorrect/ineligible, the package is retained by the customs or it is lost or damaged during the transit.
- Undelivered – There was an attempted delivery that failed.
- Returned – The supplier received the package which was returned.
- Delivered – The package was successfully delivered to your customer.
You can use this information to communicate with the customers & keep them well informed in case they raise their query with you.
Now, if you want to automatically send the tracking details to your customers via email, there is also an option for that in Oberlo. You need to follow the steps given below in Oberlo dashboard –
- Go to Settings > Connected Shops > Shop Settings > General Tab & scroll down
- Under custom shipping tracking URL, insert the URL of third party tracking websites like this one.
- Tick ‘Notify customers about order fulfillment’ & click on Save Settings
- Now to change the default notification template, go to the Shopify admin > Settings > Notifications > Shipping confirmation
- Now you have to replace the entire HTML code present in the Email Body with the code given HERE
And you are done!
Note – Order Tracking Feature is not available in Oberlo’s Free Plan. You have to be on their Boss plan.
In case you are not using Oberlo and using something like Dropified, the functionality and features should be almost the same. You should be able to make use of it in a similar way as Oberlo.
Still, if you want me to share the information about it separately, let me know in the comment section & I will update the post with the same.
Other Shopify Apps for Tracking Orders
- AVASHIP: Order Tracking by Avada
- Easyship – All In One Shipping by Easyship
- Trackr Order Tracking by Vertex Iv
- Shipping Tracker by Dev Cloud
- Shipway Shipment Tracking by Onjection Labs
- ParcelPanel Order Tracking Pro by UpperCommerce
- Auto Fulfill by Estore automate
- TrackingMore ‑ Order Tracking by TrackingMore
- Order Status Tracker by Hulkapps.com
- Easy Fulfillment by NexusMedia
Now that Shopify store owners have a solution, it is time to shift my attention towards the WooCommerce store owners. Shopifians can quickly skip this section & scroll down to land on the ‘Bonus’ section.
So my dear WooCommerce warriors, let’s begin.
Dropshipping Order Tracking for WooCommerce Stores
WordPress website equipped with WooCommerce makes a powerful eCommerce solution for dropshipping.
Like we have apps in Shopify, ‘plugins’ are the guys which will come to your rescue in WooCommerce. So without wasting too much time on the build-up, let’s get straight to – how the dropshipping orders can be tracked on your WooCommerce store.
Now, though WooCommerce plugin already comes with a lot of features & functionality like handling the logistics, processing the order, etc.
One thing which it lacks is, you cannot do anything much besides changing the order status to ‘pending’, ‘processing’, or ‘completed’ once you receive the order in the backend.
You need to take the help of a plugin to do the job for you. Here is where AfterShip comes into play again.
AfterShip WooCommerce Tracking by AfterShip
Yes! Besides having a dedicated Shopify app, AfterShip also has a dedicated WooCommerce plugin which adds the same functionality to your WordPress store as it does in the Shopify store.
How to use it? Let’s see –
- First you need to create an account on AfterShip.
- After that in your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New & type AfterShip – WooCommerce Tracking in the search
- Install & Activate the plugin
- Go to Settings & in the Courier section – add the carrier you want, like EMS, USPS, China Post (for ePacket), etc.
- Tick the Use Track Button checkbox
- In Display Tracking Information at Custom Domain field, enter the custom domain which you would like to use.
- Now you need to go to the Users > Your Profile & Revoke your AfterShip API key from there
- Login & go to your AfterShip account dashboard > Apps > Store Connection > New Connection > WooCommerce
- Paste your Store URL & API Key in the given fields & your store is connected with AfterShip!
How to track Orders with AfterShip on your WooCommerce store?
- Send Shipment Tracking Number to the customers after order confirmation.
- Send email & SMS notifications of the delivery statuses to customers as well as you.
- Allow people to check their shipment status by simply clicking on the Track button in the ‘Orders’ section of their Account.
- Setup custom domain name & customize the tracking page as per your branding.
Is the AfterShip plugin free for WooCommerce?
Now, as you are using AfterShip as a third-party service & not just as an inbuilt plugin, the pricing is not different from its Shopify app.
AfterShip for Woocommerce is also free only for 50 shipments per month.
You don’t get an SMS or email notification feature in the free plan. After that, you need to purchase their premium plan which starts from as low as $9 per month.
But considering what functionality WooCommerce lacks, spending a few bucks on this plugin will be worth it.
Note: As most of the dropshippers use Aliexpress to fulfill their dropshipping orders, you can get the tracking codes directly in your Aliexpress order dashboard itself.
Not only for Aliexpress, but this is applicable for almost all the marketplaces.
You can even track the packages yourself without using any app or a plugin. But it might not be a practical thing to do that too on a bigger scale, so it is better to have a tool which will help you to automate things & make your life easy.
As I promised that if you stick with this article till the end, I will share a bonus tip with you. Now, this tip is not some smart trick or a surprising hack that will blow your mind. It is just a small & simple way to get the thing done if you don’t want to pay for the apps.
Here is what you can do –
No matter whether you are using Shopify or WooCommerce for your dropshipping store. Just create a New Page > Name it as Track Your Order.
Include something like this on the page –
Want to track your order?
You will receive a shipping confirmation email with a tracking code once your order ships from our side.
Once you receive the email & have your tracking code handy, here is what you can do -
- Visit the tracking page.
- Enter your tracking code
- Click on Track & that’s your shipment status!
Note - Status is not real-time & takes time to update so don't worry. Your order will be reaching you soon!
Just a simple page with a link to a third-party shipment tracker and a simple assuring message. What else is required to keep the customers relaxed?
Though this is not the best way to provide the shipment tracking functionality to your customers, it is good to begin with till you make some money which you can invest later in a good tracking app to make your customers love & trust you more!
Track Your Dropshipping Orders Today
So let’s sum up everything that we learned in this article. We looked at –
- How we can add tracking functionality to our Shopify dropshipping store using an app
- How we can add tracking functionality to our WooCommerce dropshipping store using a plugin
But more than that, what we also learned is – it is important to keep the customers updated regarding their orders & prevent giving anxiety to them. This way you will not only be able to retain them, but also win their trust in the long run!
If you feel that I missed out on something in this post, let me know in the comment section below & I will see how I can keep it updated.
Still, have any questions? Feel free to email us at – email@example.com